Monday, April 20, 2009

sharing my thoughts.

I've been so caught up lately on watching drama 1 litre of tears I didn't get the chance to write about my experience at 30 hour famine. 30 hour famine was really awesome. I had a lot of fun there. I got my mom to let me sleep over at OCM so I didn't have to make that long trip back and forth. I played nerf gun with the guys in the beginning. I think I walked in when they were still playing. Well I played a bit then HALO 3!!! I'm such a boy, liking Halo 3 >.> It's so fun and it was my first time winning in it but it wasnt really the shooting and guns. It was capturing the flag which i was alright at. I'm getting better at it though ;D then there was bible study and it was a q and a. Kassia had questions about dreams and it was pretty nice to hear the answers. Like dreams are just images that come in your head while your brain is resting, also dreams that you remember means that they were interuppted and when you dont remember them that means they were finished. It was so cool to hear that answer cuz like I had a bunch of dreams I could never remember x]
After that was a break and there was games!! We were in groups and coutries [tribes] I was Brazil and we were blindfolded and had to find food in the middle. Our group got the most!! I'm so happy that I was able to get 4 onions for my tribe so they won't starve. Then there was crossing the river to another place. Our group also won that both tries cuz the rules were a bit confusing. But we won either way ^_^ Then finally came praise night!! I personally love singing so I couldn't wait for it!! We sang Hungry, We are Hungry, Now that your near, Blessed be your name ect. Then there was a candle lighting thing that Debby made, 50 candles represented 50 kids that had died and we lite them up for those. Then FINALLY MANHUNT!! I wanted to play so badly but i sucked at it cuz i was still found =[ I hid in the back of the 7th floor near the exit sign behind this big metal thing. I guess it was an alright hiding spot but not good enough =T Nelson went in the construction room and it was madd funny cuz none of us could find him xD he was good!! Sardines came after that and Stanley had to hide and he was found by Tim at first then Tim kinda messed up the game cuz he thought that they could split up and then me Benny, David, and Tim hid in the prayer room and we locked it! LOL no one found us so it woulda been an awesome hiding spot!! we stayed for a pretty long time and hear some funny stuff. Then it was time to hit the bed. I did some homework and we all slept on the 3rd floor and I really wonder what the guys did...
The next morning we had to wake up early but i didnt >.< i stayed up to do homework and Diana was a wayyy heavy sleeper then I was. I signed up for City meals on wheels and went around giving food out to seniors. The first person we went to was really nice but we forgot to ask if she wanted us to pray for her. Then the second guy was a bit meaner and just wanted the food. The third lady was nice and she let us pray for her. I prayed for her and felt so happy that at least one person let us. I realized so many things doing this fast. Like that game we played getting food for our tribe was how people really were. I heard stories of Bowery mission of how the people that were too poor to buy groceries went there to get food and some were really rude but thats how it is for them. It seems normal for them to want more and fight over food cuz they can't afford more food. It's really saddened me that theres enough food for the entire world but kids in Africa are starving. I would actually go back to meals on wheels if i ever had time again. It was a really nice experience and Ms. Edwards was really nice that last lady. We broke the fast by eating sandwiches but the funny thing is I wasnt even that hungry compared to the guys. well they are guys but I wasnt hungry enough to eat a lot. Maybe doing these things got me to realize how hungry some people actually are. Thats why I wont' waste money on food and waste food. i learned so much from this experience.

Sunday.
Rocky had this activity where we share how God changed our life with 2 words or pictures. i put 2 pictures: one of me playing handball in kelly with the smokers around, and another of church with friends. Back then I would use my sunday morning before school to play handball and be around all these bad influences and was alone. But after meeting God I changed so much. Handball used to be my everything but now i have something else thats more important. I go to church instead of handball on sunday mornings no matter how nice the day is. I have friends now and even though there are these bad influences around me I try to keep them away. I was so scared when i went up to say this and nervous. But i hope i helped other people too. I was really nervous but Rocky said i did good. I guess he saw how nervous I was. I'm glad I did it and shared with everyone. Handball isn't everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment