Thursday, April 2, 2009

let the generosity go on

I've been really happy about the money I'm raising for 30 hour famine. so far I've got about 140 dollars! i really can't believe how well I'm doing with raising money. like within a week i think i can raise 180 dollars. I'm sure tomorrow i will get some money from people. I should ask some more teachers. i got Mr. Nguyen to donate 2 dollars. i really hope i can reach my goal of 360 dollars so i can feed a child for a whole year! i might get a lot from people in Chinese school and i actually hope i can get a lot. i got Paul and Ariel to donate already and derrick and Raymond owe me. they said they were going to donate. i like doing this kind of stuff cuz its so meaningful and its for kids in Africa. I'm pretty good in explaining everything to people too. I'm glad i got that part down and I'm not shy or anything. I'm also thinking of going to BCBC to see if they wanna donate to me but it's so far and i don't think i have time to go there this week. maybe during break and i have free time I'll stop by there and ask. I'm really happy that I can be so helpful with this kinda stuff. I like doing this actually and like what we did on the cpc cult fest. i guess volunteering for this kinda stuff is good for me :] i really hope i can actually stay on that day of 30 hour famine. i'm just one step away from going! i just gotta convince my dad. he's a little shaky on it but i'm sure i can convince him with the time left. going there would mean so much to me cuz i put so much effort into raising money and i don't want to not to the 30 hours and just raise money. some people actually gave me money cuz im actually fasting for 30 hours and seeing how kids in Africa actually have to go through. i asked so many people they probably recognize me x] well i can't wait for battle of the bands tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment