Saturday, December 26, 2009

我们爱因为神先爱我们。

we love because God first loved us. - 1 John 4:19

i never realized this verse even though it was on my bookmark for so long. after looking up that verse and reading the passage following it, i have much to learn.

20
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
-1 John 4:20-21

this i still need to put into my heart. many of us say we love God but we "hate" so many other people. very often, the word "hate" is used and it's such a strong word. we use it so lightly too. how many times in your life so far have u said u hate someone? speaking for myself i have probably said it daily before i met Christ and even after i knew Christ i may have said. maybe it was just coincidence that i remembered these words but it's definitely God's planning and reminder for me to not hate my family even though they've done so much to me. i need to persevere through these times. i can't say i love God that i've never seen and say i hate my family whom i known all my life. because God loved us first, we're given this feeling called love. and because i love God for all He has done for me, i must love the family He has given me. He is the only one that can fill this empty <3 into a full ♥

sometimes i feel like giving up and running away, but i'll always remember that God gave me all this because He knows i can handle it all. He's even given me such awesome friends that help me through everything. all in all it's His plan for me and i trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment